Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there an optimum or best time of year to fish for bonefish on Molokai?
2. Is the fishing done from a boat, wading, or both?
3. If I'm not an expert fly caster, will I still be able to hook fish?
4. I've heard about the Hawaiian trade winds. Can windy conditions negatively impact the fishing experience?
5. Do you practice catch-and-release?
6. Do you recommend blind casting when fly fishing on Molokai?
7. What fly fishing equipment/gear will I need?
8. What additional travel items should I bring?
9. How Do I Get To Molokai?
10. What are my accommodation options?
The Wavecrest Condominium Complex is also a good option. It contains 144 privately owned one and two-bedroom condos, a number of which are available for short-term rental. All rental units are fully furnished with complete kitchens, satellite or cable TV, and Wi-Fi.
Both properties are located east of the town of Kaunakakai on the Kamehameha V Highway, and right on the shores of the Molokai reef.