Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there an optimum or best time of year to fish for bonefish on Molokai?
2. Is the fishing done from a boat, wading, or both?
3. If I'm not an expert fly caster, will I still be able to hook fish?
4. I've heard about the Hawaiian trade winds. Can windy conditions negatively impact the fishing experience?
5. Do you recommend blind casting when fly fishing on Molokai?
6. Do you practice catch-and-release?
7. What fly fishing equipment/gear will I need?
8. What additional travel items should I bring?
9. How do I get to Molokai?
10. What are my accommodation options?
The Wavecrest and Molokai Shores Condominiums are also good options. Both complexes contain over 100 privately owned one and two-bedroom condos, a number of which are available for short-term rental. All rental units are fully furnished with complete kitchens, satellite or cable TV and Wi-Fi. All condo rentals are handled by individual condo owners and listings can be found on the Vrbo (vrbo.com) and Airbnb (airbnb.com) websites.
All three (3) properties are located east of the town of Kaunakakai on Hawaii State Route 450 (Kamehameha V Highway) and right on the shores of the Molokai Reef.